The Agronomic Institute PER L’OLTREMARE (IAO) and Funcafé signed a Technical and Financial
Cooperation Agreement aiming to improve the skills of 628 family organizations of small coffee producers in Solola, Alta Verapaz and Huehuetenango.
The project integrates health services, education and nutrition to regular activities of the organizations of small coffee producers contribuiting to improve coffee growing women and
their families’ health and life conditions; as well as developing and supporting preventive health centers and preschools for children during harvest season.
Each Service Center offers:
• Workshops in preventive health.
• Domestic violence trainings.
• Women’s health assistance.
• Health care for pregnant women and children under the age of 7.
• Nutritional surveillance for women in childbearing age and children under the age of 7.
• Pre-school readiness center “Coffee Kindergarten”.
• Literacy programs for women over 13 years old.
• Technical training for productive entrepreneurship.
• High school scholarships for children of coffee growing women.
• Training for coffee women farmers on the creation of productive activity companies.